#1ORB Ornamental Roller Bender - Base machine only without available options
#1 ORB Ornamental Roller Bender, Less Available Options
made in our country.
This compact machine is one of the most useful pieces of equipment you can own for creating and fabricating ornamental ironwork in your shop or home garage. This versatile machine can bend scrolls, form wraps, make baskets, twist pickets and bend five different sizes of tubing. If you are looking to add to your current income with a sideline business and like making creative artistic items out of metal, this is the tool for you. If you own the #1-ORB Roller-Bender there is a lot of neat ornamental projects you can make which can eventually be turned into a full time business. There are no end of front porches, especially in the suburbs and rural areas, that need railings or old rickety unattractive ones replaced. Enclosed backyards often need gates to keep the kids and pets from wandering off. There are also opportunities to replace dilapidated gates that have no artistic appeal whatsoever.
Using our tools, high school shop class teachers have had their students build plant stands, coffee tables, coat racks, mailbox stands, benches and numerous other items and then sell them to the public to raise additional funds for more shop tools. Some students who have used our tools in school have acquired them after graduation to start their own business. Fortunately school boards are realizing there is a significant number of kids who have an interest in actually making things. This reality, and the reemergence of manufacturing, has resulted in more attention being given to school metal shop and other trades related classes.
As a business, there are many advantageous things about fabricating ornamental ironwork that other businesses lack, some of which are listed below.
#1. Minimal space is required to build items and get started making additional income. Unused room, in either in an ongoing business or home garage, can be put to good use for that purpose.
#2. A startup ornamental business does not require near the amount capital to get into when it comes to equipment that many other new businesses need. The growing need for security doors, ornamental iron window guards and fencing has helped make this kind of work for many into a profitable business.
#3. The cost of the steel material used in building railings, gates and other ornamental items is a much smaller percentage of the price they can bring than is usually the case with other projects a welding shop might build such as trailers. 3/16” thick flat used for making scrolls is relatively inexpensive. This is also true when it comes to 1/2″ solid square used for pickets and 1/4” square used for forming baskets. Ornamental work is more about labor than material cost. Labor is an effort cost, but it does not come directly out your bank account. What matters, when it comes to effort, is how much work you can take out of producing creative useful projects that the public is happy to pay you for. The #1-ORB Ornamental Roller Bender is one way of cutting your labor cost by making the work easier which of course will increase your profitability.
#4 There is a satisfaction that can be attained from producing creative ornamental ironwork whose artistic value will be appreciated and admired by all who see your work. Many jobs, are mundane and repetitive and lack any sense of fulfillment. Too many employees see their work as something to be endured. Creativity and purpose in work, beyond just getting a paycheck, is good for both physical and mental health.
- #1 ORB Ornamental Roller Bender Standard Package:
- Hand Operation
- Head assembly with built in #1415 Planetary Ring Roller
- Planetary Ring Roller Maximum Capacities in mild steel:
- 1/4″ x 1-1/4″ flat & 1/4″ solid square
- 3/16″ x 1-1/2″ flat, 5/16″ round
- Powder coated steel grey stand
- 1-1/4″ flat standard die
- 1-1/2″ flat standard die
- 1-3/4″ flat standard die
- 2″ flat standard die
- 2-1/2″ flat standard die
- 3″ flat standard die
- Four 5/8″ pins
- Sharp right angle bend attachment
- Support pin
- Stop block
- Storage rack for Standard Dies
- Bending arm & four 5/8″ pins
- Lock-N-Stop Gauge
- Instruction manual
- (Optional) Ornamental Package:
- Includes everything in standard package plus
- Picket Twister
- Twists 1/2″ square
- 3/16″ x 1″ flat
- Scroll attachment
- 3/16″ x 1″ hot rolled mild flat stock
- 1/4″ Round
- 1/4″ Square
- Basket attachment
- Twists baskets out of 4 pieces of 1/4″ square
- Wrap attachment
- 4 different wrap sizes
- 5/8″ pin
- 3″ x 1/8″
- 2″ x 1/8″
- 3″ x 5/16″
- 3″ x 1/2″
- (Optional) Tube Die Package:
- Includes everything in the standard package plus
- 1/2″ Round tube dies Center-line Radius 1.5″ Bends .060 to .136 (16 to 10 gauge)
- 3/4″ Round tube die Center-line Radius 2.5″ Bends .060 to .136 (16 to 10 gauge)
- 7/8″ Round tube die Center-line Radius 2.75″ Bends .060 to .136 (16 to 10 gauge)
- 1/2″ Square tube die Inside Radius 1.25″ Bends .060 to .136 (16 to 10 gauge)
- 3/4″ Square tube die Inside Radius 1.9375″ Bends .060 to .136 (16 to 10 gauge)
- Complete Package Deal:
- Includes all packages listed above
Projects built with the #1-ORB Ornamental Roller Bender